Friday 30 September 2011

1st Character... again.

I have yet again redesigned my character and I finally think I am happy with him. The body shape I was always happy with, the little legs, wide shoulders, huge arms and thin waist were all the stereotypical cartoon superhero aspects that I wanted to portray through the big character (being the "perfect" example of the super-villain candidate).
The face was really the thing giving me trouble, my first design was too plain and almost too much like Mr. Incredible, this was not intimidating enough and not able to portray the range of extreme emotions I wanted.
The second was developed (see previous post) and it was a little more unique, but again I felt it was too plain and uninteresting, nothing was really eye catching about him.
This one, which I hope will be my final, was more informed by cartoons such as "Billy and Mandy" and "Cow and Chicken".

I still however need to do the expressions and poses for this character AND design my other characters...

No comments:

Post a Comment