Friday 7 October 2011

Weekly Update - Characters

Over the next week I really need to get these character sheets completely finished, as well as trying to complete at least a line tested walk cycle for one of my characters.
The main things I am worried about on the animation is the hand movements, I think i will need to practice by doing perhaps a number of reference drawings.
I have also slightly changed my narrative, changing the big character from a hopeful super-villain to an already established super-villain testing his gadgets and experiments on the little minion character I have designed, the character design for the big character will remain largely the same, but perhaps making him appear slightly more intelligent and changing his clothing.
Honestly I feel a little bogged down with the work after these small changes, however I think I will be able to get this all wrapped up within the next week.
It is probably a little late on to be changing aspects of my work, but I feel like if I am to work on this throughout the entire year I want something that I am completely happy with so that I don't get fed up half way through or decide to make changes later on in the project. The characters, remaining largely unchanged are at least sorted for me to begin line tests.

The movement of the characters will be significantly different from each other, although form what I have planned for my animation there won't really be that much movement, instead it will focus more on the expressions and reactions of the characters.

Big Guy:
Movement -  Strong, confident movements, fluent and quick, large strides
Expressions - Arrogant, confident, sinister, malevolent

Little Guy: 
Movement - Nervous, twitchy, unintimidating, small, quick steps
Expressions - Tired, nervous, glum, constantly scared

No comments:

Post a Comment