Friday 16 September 2011

A New Year...

...and with this comes a new project; an animation that will be worked on throughout the year.

Already I have a pretty good idea of what exactly my animation will be and what the style of it will be, these however still need to be finalized.

The animation will basically revolve around a Step-by-Step guide on the most important aspects of being a Supervillain/Criminal. Each point will be acted out by two characters who will be significantly different in both looks and personality and the two will be in competition with each other to be the best.
For research I will look at cartoons such as Ren and Stimpy to look at how the two characters bounce off each other as well as obviously researching into styles of characters and animations.

So far I have only one design for one of the characters, he is an almost stereotypical muscular, intimidating criminal, very tall and brooding, the other character that I have yet to design will be the complete opposite.
This time round I have decided to go with a different art style from the type I pursued last year, alot of the stuff I did last year was very simplistc, cute characters, this time I've opted for a more disney, comic book style approach, just really to broaden my styles.

I had a few previous concepts that I had a few character designs for, I doubt I will pursue these, but I will not dispose of them yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment