Wednesday 11 May 2011

Completed walk cycle

At last, it is done, the walk cycle that is, I fixed the feet the best I could so they didn't look quite so flat, I made the arms seem slightly more flexible and fixed the head as it movements were abit too extreme the first time round.

I also put the colours from my model sheet onto the character, I played around with their brightness in the material editor however as they didn't look too good on the model when rendered, so they are probably not exactly the same as the model sheet.

I will play around with the morph tags on the faces and perhaps render out some facial expression movements.

In all honesty I think a full 15 second animation is not going to happen, I simply think time is not on my side, I have a ton of paperwork aswell as the finishing of this here blog and my model sheet backstory.

Making the walk cycle was actually easier than it seemed, using the timeline I was able to plot out exactly were the walk would loop round again and plot all other movements based on those of the legs and pelvic movements.

Basically the walk cycle took places over 40 Frames, the very last frame is a copy paste of the very first on every limb movement, this ensured that the loop would be perfect as the last would feed perfectly into the first again.
On every leg movement the arms would move in unison as would the neck, torso and head, for  instance on the 12th frame were the one leg would move forward the opposite arm would move back and the body would tilt to the left or right, the head would swing in the opposite direction to that of the tilting body.

Once all the movement were complete I simply set the timeline to go from 0 to 39 and I would have a perfect loop!


So here he is, I was originally going to put a sack cloth texture on, but after testing this using bump maps etc. I found I actually liked the flat colour effect better, I will still produce a few screenshots with the cloth texture however to show the results.

1 comment: