Monday 9 May 2011

3D bound and movin'


like a boss.
 

 At last after much trial and error and a fair bit of help from my tutor, the character has been fully bound and set into it's heirachy, this means that movement is possible!
The main problem I had with this model was definitely the back of the head, this required a fair bit of weight painting until it decided to work, it's not absolutely perfect now causing the mesh to crease, although I like this, it will really match with the kind of sack-cloth texture I am going for and all the wrinkles and creases that comes with moving such a texture.
I'm still not very confident that I will be able to produce a full 15 second animation, but I will definitely be able to produce at least a walk cycle or a series of other simple movements.
Of course the character still needs color and texture, I'm hoping he will really come alive when this is added.
The shoulder poles, which governs the way the arm bends, can also be animated! This will really allow me to create the kind of tentacle movement I am after in the arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment