Tuesday 10 May 2011

Some more inspirations and other stuff

I was walking back from the train station today and something totally random just popped into my head, if you've seen the animated film of the book The Phantom Tollbooth you'll recognize the Lethargians from the Doldrums.
This was totally unexpected and I don't know why those characters just popped into my head, but I think my character has at least some sort of indirect influence from them, especially in the kind of unstable and quite fluent movement.
I just really, really loved the animated film (granted I haven't read the book) especially the art style of Chuck Jones, just thought I'd voice my love for it aswell as the kind of indirect influence its had on my character.



I got bored
 Aswell as this sudden rush of nostalgia I realized since doing the vector art for the model sheets, I've really warmed to the kind of simplistic, cute characters and style of artists such as Tado.

This vector style is somethign I would like to continue into the holidays and get some more practice with, it's pretty easy to use and I love the final effect of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment