Monday 9 May 2011

Last week...

This is the last week of this module...
That means all work must be complete for Friday, this includes the texturing of the character, the animation for the character, the printing of my model sheet and the completion of written work for the modules that are not yet finished... I have a lot of work to do.

Texturing

One of the most important things to do this week is to put texture and color onto my character model.
My main inspiration for the texturing on my character is the character Oogie-Boogie form the Nightmare Before Christmas, don't get me wrong, I HATE Tim Burtons films, but I just really like this character. I tried to recreate the seem work on my own character and used this as the main inspiration on him, however  giving him both a different look and significantly different personality which will hopefully shine through in his movements. I'm hoping in the texturing I can give the illusion of a rough, sack texture.

Another character I like in terms of the texture and coloring is a character called Brock O. Lee, I really like the texture and color of his body, it really shows a lot of detail and it almost looks real. I'm hoping I can achieve a high level of detail in my own texturing on my character.



Character

So far my character is going along quite well, although I am very worried about getting an animation done, if any movement at all. I have bound some parts of the character such as the nose, and it does not seem to be causing any major problems, there have been a few problems with binding the segmented parts, but these shouldn't be too difficult to fix.
The only real problem is when I bind the back of the head, when I bind it to the body and try to move it the whole body just tears.

Model Sheet

All the elevations are done, I just need to type up the backstory and put the color references on, I will also include a few facial expressions, this shouldn't take long at all.



Once all of these are complete I will upload the images of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment