Tuesday 3 May 2011

3D Character

It's been a while since my last update on here, mainly due to enjoying the easter break off and the nice weather for a change.

As far as progress from my last post goes, I have not progressed as much as I would of liked to in the project, I have however made some changes to the model itself and also got a fair way through the rigging process (the arms, legs and feet being completed).

The main change to the character is the addition of a stitched seam down both sides of the character, I decided to do this to really give him more of the appearance that he's a hand-sewn piece of cloth.
I also had to weld the end of the head into a point as before it was quite square and quite noticable.

The only problem I have with the character so far is I feel he might not show enough of a zombie-like/neglected appearance, this may change when I come to apply textures etc. Looking back I would of probably changed my original character abit more too.

So far though I feel, in the technical aspect, quite proud of the way he looks, I really think I've made alot for progress since the start of the course after looking back at the quality of my old work.

No comments:

Post a Comment